Robert T. Napier helps a wide range of clients protect their wealth and families through creative, but conservative, estate planning. He represents individuals, families, foundations, closely-held corporations, and fiduciaries.
Mr. Napier has administered countless estates that range from simple to complex with some involving contentious beneficiaries.
Mr. Napier has received Martindale-Hubbell's AV Preeminent® ranking.
Mr. Napier has also received the Five Star Wealth Manager Award in Chicago magazine for 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015.
Mr. Napier has received the Leading Lawyers' distinction.
Mr. Napier joined Harrison & Held in 2012 after managing his own Chicago law firm, Robert T. Napier and Associates, P.C., for nearly 20 years.
- Past President of the Greater North Shore Estate and Financial Planning Council
- Columnist for Trust and Estates
- Director of Friends of the USS Abraham Lincoln CVN-72 (www.ussabe.org)
- Planned Giving Committee of The Hadley School for the Blind (www.hadley.edu)
- Planned Giving Committee of the Ravinia Festival (www.ravinia.org)
- Member of the Chicago Estate Planning Council
- Member of the Collier County Bar Association
- Former trustee for his community library
- Former trustee of Allendale Association
- Former school board member
- Former parish Resource Allocation Committee member
- Former student basketball coach
Speeches and Publications
Mr. Napier has been quoted in The Wall Street Journal and Barron's magazine. He has lectured for the Chicago Bar Association, IICLE, and the Illinois CPA Society. He has addressed numerous business and civic groups, acted as a defense expert witness, and published the following articles:
- DePaul University College of Law, J.D., 1987
- Certified Public Accountant, 1986
- Marquette University, B.S., Salutatorian, 1984
- State Bar of Florida, 2015
- State Bar of Michigan, 2004
- Northern District of Illinois, 2001
- Supreme Court of the United States, 2001
- Illinois Supreme Court, 1987
- U.S. District Court, 1987